Monday, March 24, 2008

thinking.

I went home this weekend. It started off nothing like I planned it would. I planned to return to my peaceful home to have a weekend full of much needed relaxing, but the relaxing didn't seem to start until Sunday. After a rough Friday and Saturday, I was ready for my relaxation day. It was on this relaxing Easter Sunday that I realized something. I don't take enough time to enjoy the simple things in life. There are so many simple things that I enjoy that I just don't seem to have time for anymore. It has been way to long since I have read Anderson Cooper's blog, my Elle magazine is still in its plastic wrapper it came in when I received it in the mail, and I haven't been to the beautiful beach that is just 15 minutes away from me in weeks. I miss these simple things.
 I was sitting by my grandparents pool just thinking. It felt so good to just sit and think. I put the book I was reading for my English class down and just thought about my life.  I thought about how different it is now from just a few months ago. My life is different, but good different. I love my life. I love the college I go to, I love the friends I spend all my time with, I even love my smaller than small dorm room. I love the independence that comes when you do something on your own, I love pretty much everything about my life. I feel so blessed that I had the opportunity to experience a world other than the one I grew up in all my life. Don't get me wrong, the world I grew up in couldn't have been more perfect. My home will always be the place I came from, not where I live now. 

The Hills returns tonight! I cannot wait to see if Heidi and Spencer are together and if Audrina has moved out on Lauren. I know.. silly show about the lives of rich girls who seem to have everything...but I love it!

No comments: