Sunday, March 9, 2008

early.

Happy Daylight Savings Day! I didn't feel the effects of it too bad since I slept in today. 

It was my last "sleep in morning" for awhile. I am headed back to SU today after a short but refreshing spring break. I am pretty sure that I had one of the earliest Spring Breaks known to man, but I was ready for it. I planned to stay home and catch up on school work that needed to be done. I was going to read a couple books, finish journals for my Mass Com class, and study Spanish, but I ended up reading the first chapters of the books, finishing the journals, and not even touching my Spanish book. I always make such big study plans for breaks and then get half of it done. I'm not worried too much about it though, it's not like the work is due tomorrow or anything. 

The whole not getting much school work done thing makes me realize something: when I am at school all I do is school-related things (classes, studying for classes, writing for classes, reading for classes, writing again for classes) and when I am home on breaks, I do break-related things (sleep in, get caught up on my shows, eat food I actually enjoy) there isn't really a balance of school and break stuff, but I guess that's okay for now, maybe I will work on it.

Now that break is over, I have to start making decisions for next year. First, I have to decide where I am going to live, due to the fact that just about EVERY dorm on campus is becoming an all freshmen dorm. So the girls and I are being kicked out of what I believe is the best dorm ever. I also have to pick my classes for fall semester, which is always a challenge for me. (well, I've only done it once, but it was hard that one time) All this decision making makes me wonder why everything is done so early..

I found this in my reading and I liked it:

"Without God, life has no purpose, and without purpose, life has no meaning. Without meaning, life has no significance or hope."

No comments: