Saturday, June 7, 2008

no real subject here.

I was once told that the advertisements on the side of Facebook profile pages are somewhat personalized. Although I never click on them, I find some of them amusing, others annoyingly accurate, but most just pathetic attempts to highlight what seems to be missing from my profile. I don't mind glancing over to see an ad for Superman T-shirts or the latest trend report but when I start seeing: " find your perfect summer guy", "meet a cute date", "need a boyfriend?", I start to cringe. Come on Facebook, seriously?!

I finished Anderson Cooper's Dispatches from the Edge today. I didn't think that it was possible for me to gain more respect for this guy, but after reading the book I was proven wrong. I think I will name my first son Anderson.

Tomorrow I am off to Orlando for a little Disney get-away. I don't think I will ever outgrow that place, and I like it that way.

No comments: