Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's down to the last bits of summer. This means that these next two weeks will be spent making lists, re-organizing drawers, movie marathons, and scheduling final summer hangouts with "home friends".  The last parts of breaks are always bittersweet for me. I am ready for the news school year, but not quite ready for summer to become nothing more than a memory.

I watched a preview for The Real Housewives of Atlanta the other day. Not sure what I think. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am quite a fan of The Real Housewives of Orange County. One could call it a guilty pleasure show. Personally, I find the materialism and obsession with physical appearance a bit repulsive, but at the same time find myself admiring the strength of the independent Californians. Naturally, I was very excited when I heard there would be a New York version, but was utterly disappointed when the women offered nothing more than the same materialism and appearance obsession as OC, but without the independence and strong work ethic. So now we are going to Atlanta. This could be good, I will give it a chance. Although I have a feeling I will be singing "wish they all could be California girls" the whole time.

No comments: